Brattleboro, Vermont

Home Business Permit

To apply for a Home Business Zoning Permit, complete and submit both Forms A and H. Return the completed application to Town of Brattleboro, Planning Services, Suite 202, Brattleboro, VT 05301, along with a $50.00 application/recording fee made out to the Town of Brattleboro. If you are applying for a sign, you will also need to complete and return Form B; the sign fee is $40 and both are submtited to Planning Services..

Before applying, please review the Land Use Regulations for the definitions/restrictions of each Home Occupation and Home Business (link below). If your business does not qualify as either a Home Occupation or Home Business it will be considered commercial and different regulations will apply; call Planning Services at 802-251-8154 with questions.

Home Businesses must also obtain a business license from the Assessor's Office. If you are paying for a business license by credit card you may apply online. To pay by check or cash, please visit the Assessors' Office, Room 109, Municipal Center, 230 Main Street.
Attached Document or FileHome Occupation vs Home Business Land Use Regulations