The winter parking ban is in effect from Nov. 15 to April 15, unless there is an inch or more of snow before Nov. 15th or after April 15th.
- Where can I leave my car when I take the train or go out of town for a week?
You may purchase a "travel permit" at $5 per day and leave your vehicle at the Transportation Center.
- Where can I park overnight?
You may use any of the town parking lots at night. There is no overnight parking on the downtown streets during the summer due to street sweeping and in the winter due to snow plowing.
- How many tickets would I have to get before I get "booted"?
You would have to get three or more unpaid tickets before you were booted.
- Where do I park during a snowstorm?
You must be under cover in the Transportation Center. If the garage is full, the Preston Parking Lot may be used.
- Do you do motor vehicle registrations renewals?
No. Some town clerks in the area (Vernon, Guilford, Newfane, Townshend, Putney, Westminster and Dover) do renewals for a fee. You do not have to be a resident to renew through those offices.
- When is the Dummerston DMV office open?
They are open on Mondays from 9:30am to 3pm and Tuesdays from 9am to 2:15pm, as well as every other Wednesday. (click here to link to VT DMV calendar) They are located in Dummerston out back of the Agency of Transportation District 2 Office on Route 5.