Printer friendly version
The cemetery on Barrows Road has been known by many names over the years:
- Ames Hill Cemetery
- Mixer Cemetery
- Robertson Cemetery
- Ward Cemetery
- Winchester Cemetery
It is a small cemetery on the west side of Barrows Road. The earliest stone dates to 1802.
In 1804 Philip Wood deeded the land to the Inhabitants of the southwest part of Brattleboro for a “burying ground or graveyard” (recorded in Book E, page 148).
The burials in this cemetery are primarily from the following families: